Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 2: A little sore but could be worse.

My dogs have been looking at me a little funny today due to the strange groaning noises coming out of my mouth every time I sit down.  My thighs (or quadriceps for those of you who want to get technical) seem to be the hardest hit muscle group.  Running a distant second would be my chest, from the hundreds of push-ups that I did (only kidding, since I told you yesterday that I could only do 1 or 2).  I jogged again today... probably around 2-3 miles interspersed with walking.  I think that my walking might actually be faster than my jogging.  I started out with my Golden Retriever, Bodhi.  I thought that he might enjoy spending a little extra time with me, but after his second bowel movement (too much information?), I decided that he was slowing me down.  Really the only thing that was much slower than me was stopped.

Why is it that people want to rain on your parade?  Why is it that we're generally not supportive of each other?  Why do we have to point out all the things that could go wrong instead of all the things that could go right?  I've noticed this lately and that's why I don't even mention half of the ideas I have to other people.  I find myself having to defend my position.  What if we went out of our way to support each other?  What if when someone shared an idea with us we said, "Wow, that's a great idea... what can I do to help?"  Wouldn't that be unique?  Let's all give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment